Spaghetti squash is one of nature’s nourishment supernatural occurrences – vegetable noodles developed in a shell! I cherish the freshness of spaghetti squash and utilize it in any hot dish that for the most part calls for spaghetti noodles. It’s irreproachable and ordinarily works awesome! This smooth avocado pesto is the ideal compliment to the freshness of spaghetti squash. Additionally – from beginning to end, this formula takes just 30 minutes!
I know, I know, cooking spaghetti squash can be an agony. As much as I cherish spaghetti squash, some of the time I don’t have a craving for setting off to the exertion of preparing it for upwards of 45 minutes. And afterward there’s dependably the stress that I’ll cleave off my fingers while setting it up… Roasting squash has dependably felt like more work than bubbling noodles.
You should simply jab around the squash each few crawls with a blade and after that stick it in the microwave for 5 minute augmentations 3 times. When cooked, it’s anything but difficult to cut since it’s delicate! Likewise much simpler to rub the seeds out. In total: microwaving prompts to snappier cook time and simpler cutting. Distinct advantage.
Presently about this avocado pesto.
Pesto is a most loved around my home, and avocado takes it to the following level by including some richness while additionally decreasing the oil. We’ve utilized this pesto on sandwiches and noodles and adored it. I am certain it would be awesome on anything, truly.
It is additionally truly easy to make – all that is required is a nourishment processor. Toss every one of the fixings in while your squash is cooking and mix until smooth. It transforms into a decent, thick sauce that coats the spaghetti squash noodles well.
Customarily, pesto calls for pine nuts, yet I’ve found that walnuts make an adequate showing with regards to and at a small amount of the cost. In case you’re a pine nut darling however, don’t hesitate to utilize those set up of the walnuts in this formula.
I chose to utilize shrimp and cherry tomatoes to round out this formula, yet it would likewise be delightful with some barbecued chicken and spinach or peas. Pre-cooked shrimp and tomatoes functioned admirably to make the dish in less than 30 minutes since they just should be sautéed for a couple of minutes and sprinkled with salt and pepper, yet don’t hesitate to explore different avenues regarding different veggies as time licenses!
So there you have it, a speedy, extremely sound, exceptionally great supper! I trust your family cherishes it as much as mine did!
Avocado Pesto Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 medium – Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium – avocado
- 1/2 cup – basil, fresh
- 2 teaspoon – lemon juice
- 3 clove – garlic
- 1/4 cup – Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup – walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1 pound – shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup – cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon – salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – black pepper, ground
- Using a small, sharp knife, carefully pierce the skin of the spaghetti squash every few inches. Place whole squash on a microwave safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes. Rotate and cook for 5 more minutes. Repeat once or twice more, or until the skin is easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto: add avocado, basil, lemon juice, garlic, parmesan, walnuts, salt, and olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- Saute shrimp and cut tomatoes on medium-high heat, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once fully cooked, use a large knife to cut the spaghetti squash in half, from stem to bottom. Carefully scrape out seeds and discard. Using a spoon, scrape the “noodles” out of the skin and place in a bowl. Add the pesto sauce and mix until spaghetti squash noodles are well coated.
- Serve Shrimp and tomatoes over pesto spaghetti squash. Garnish with extra parmesan if desired.