This Ground Turkey Stroganoff formula takes an exemplary formula that is a family most loved for some and helps it up and utilizes wholesome, genuine sustenance fixings. You won’t discover cream of anything soup in the fixing rundown and I made some simple substitutions to make the general dish lighter. Rather than the meat that is utilized as a part of exemplary stroganoff, I utilized ground turkey. The ground turkey makes this considerably less demanding to make. I additionally cut the harsh cream and utilized nonfat Greek yogurt. Once more, this is a simple sub and nobody will know the distinction!
Presently, this dish wouldn’t win any magnificence grants. It’s difficult to make the chestnut blend with ground turkey and mushrooms on top of egg noodles look beautiful. Be that as it may, we as a whole realize that occasionally the ugliest sustenance tastes the best!
Healthy Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces sliced mushroom
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb. egg noodles
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sautÃ© for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 5-6 minutes until they have cooked down.
- Add the garlic and ground turkey and cook until the turkey is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and flour to the turkey mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Stir the Greek yogurt into the turkey mixture and cook until heated through, another minute.
- Serve over the egg noodles. Enjoy!