In case you’re searching for a generous and fulfilling supper that is low in carbs, free of grains and overflowing with flavor then your inquiry is over. This Stuffed Cabbage has it all! Starting from the earliest stage and cauliflower rice blend wrapped inside delicate cabbage, to the custom made appetizing sauce on top — you’ll need to relish every last chomp!
What I adore most about this dish is the means by which the flavors strengthen overnight, and how reviving it is eaten frosty, as a fast lunch or supper the following day. Stuffed Cabbage solidifies exceptionally well, so it’s an awesome thought to make a twofold bunch and once it cools put in a cooler pack with some additional red sauce. At that point just warm in the broiler or place in a pot to delicately warm.Enjoy!
STUFFED CABBAGE RECIPE
- 2 heads savoy cabbage
- sea salt & black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 2½ cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 Tablespoons black raisins
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4oz pancetta, minced
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Separate 15 large cabbage leaves (reserve leftover, smaller leaves) and wash. Boil the leaves for 3 minutes. Drain and allow to cool on dish towels. Chop 1 cup of the reserved, smaller cabbage leaves. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the shredded cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and the raisins. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until the broth has been absorbed, then remove from heat. Place the cauliflower rice mixture in a very large bowl. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet over medium. Add the beef and sausage, and break it up as it browns. Once browned, drain off any liquid. Add half of the chopped onion and half of the chopped garlic. Add the fresh sage and nutmeg. Add the reserved chopped cabbage. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the meat mixture to the bowl of cauliflower rice. Wipe out the skillet.
- Place the minced pancetta in the skillet over medium heat. Once cooked through, add the remaining onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add the remaining 1½ cups chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″x13″ casserole pan with olive oil and spread ½ cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pecans, parsley, nutritional yeast, egg and ½ cup of the tomato sauce to the bowl of rice and meat. Mix well and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place a generous spoonful of the mixture at the center of each cabbage leaf and roll like a burrito, tucking in the sides. Place the stuffed cabbage seam side down in the casserole pan. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the tops of the cabbage. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!